Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Aston Villa, and other football teams!
Turns out he is unemployed and has been jailed for 14 weeks which I suppose means he will be out in a couple of months. Pathetic sentence. Also read he has held a season ticket for 20 years but has been banned for life and also banned from obtaining tickets for away games.
LE - aka John
(11-03-2019, 06:24 PM)Leicester Exile Wrote: Turns out he is unemployed and has been jailed for 14 weeks which I suppose means he will be out in a couple of months. Pathetic sentence. Also read he has held a season ticket for 20 years but has been banned for life and also banned from obtaining tickets for away games.

And also banned from all football matches for 10 years, although quite how that's enforceable I don't know.
Proud to be a Bear
(11-03-2019, 06:24 PM)Leicester Exile Wrote: Turns out he is unemployed and has been jailed for 14 weeks which I suppose means he will be out in a couple of months. Pathetic sentence. Also read he has held a season ticket for 20 years but has been banned for life and also banned from obtaining tickets for away games.

Agree a completely pathetic sentence but at least he’s been put in prison. I despair of some of the idiots doing the sentencing these days who don’t even apply the guidance for sentencing. There have been some absolutely dreadful animal cruelty cases recently which have resulted in suspended sentences and utter losers carrying knives and walking away with community orders. Don’t get me started.......
[-] The following 1 user Likes stingray's post:
Leicester Exile
https://www.bcfc.com/news/articles/2019/...cialSignIn

Birmingham City Football Club is continuing a thorough and robust investigation into the events of Sunday’s derby match against Aston Villa.

The Club is reviewing all of its stewarding, safety and security procedures as a matter of high importance.

We will be putting into place extra measures at our stadium designed to help ensure the safety of players, as well as supporters.

Whist we cannot go into specific details, there will be stricter controls of certain parts of the ground.

Supporters are reminded that under no circumstances should they encroach onto the pitch and, after the events of Sunday, we are sure the importance and seriousness of this message is recognised.

The Club continues to have regular dialogue and meetings with West Midlands Police and the relevant authorities about all aspects of safety in the St. Andrew’s Trillion Trophy Stadium.

And we are working closely with football’s governing bodies as we move forward.

The Club can confirm it is also investigating an incident involving a steward after Aston Villa players celebrated their goal on Sunday in front of their supporters in the Gil Merrick Stand.

https://www.bcfc.com/news/articles/2019/...rter-bans/

Birmingham City Football Club welcomes the sentence handed down to Paul Mitchell by Birmingham Magistrates today.

What he did was unacceptable and has no place in football.

The Club can confirm that Mr Mitchell is banned from our home ground, the St. Andrew’s Trillion Trophy Stadium, for life. And nor will he have access to purchase tickets for away games involving Birmingham City Football Club, or have tickets purchased on his behalf.

The Club has also banned another supporter for life for a series of vile and malicious Tweets on social media, relating to Jack Grealish and his family.

The individual in question remains the subject of an ongoing investigation by West Midlands Police.

Birmingham City FC rejects all forms of anti-social behaviour. We will not tolerate the kind of incidents we have seen during and since Sunday’s derby fixture against Aston Villa Football Club.

Any further comment from the Club on other issues will be released in due course.
While Robert may be bad, Robert is not all Mugabe's.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
It is Warwickshire County Cricket Club!

He was offered 14 weeks or until blues win again whichever comes first so he chose the 14 weeks
We now learn a campaign was set up to help pay for Jack Grealish's compensation and this thug was accompanied by his father @the game!
Most spectators would have gone to the game with other people, what is the issue?

Also, if the guilty person was unemployed, he;s unlikely to have the funds available to pay the fines by the required date, so his friends and family are contributing to help prevent further punishment, again Whats the issue with that?

I note that you haven't commented on the incidents at Easter Road & the Emirates stadium which were of a similar nature & magnitude. Nobody is condoning the actions of Mitchell, but any reaction and punishment needs to be appropriate.
While Robert may be bad, Robert is not all Mugabe's.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
It is Warwickshire County Cricket Club!
The original punishment was nowhere near strong enough so if he suffers further - good! What happened@other venues is irrelevant, he brought shame on this great city, had this been a supporter of the team from the lower grounds you would have been less lenient on this disgraceful behaviour
[-] The following 1 user Likes narsty simon's post:
Leicester Exile
(13-03-2019, 07:00 AM)The Good Mugabe Wrote: Also, if the guilty person was unemployed, he;s unlikely to have the funds available to pay the fines by the required date, so his friends and family are contributing to help prevent further punishment, again  Whats the issue with that?

Perhaps he should have thought about that before deciding to run onto the field and assault a player. I have no sympathy for him whatsoever.
Proud to be a Bear
[-] The following 2 users Like Exiled Bear's post:
Leicester Exile, narsty simon
Meanwhile back on the field it's 3 more points for the team from the lower grounds and the week from hell continues for Small Heath Alliance with 2 home defeats in 4 days, 3 goals conceded and more fans jailed than goals scored
(13-03-2019, 07:00 AM)The Good Mugabe Wrote: Most spectators would have gone to the game with other people, what is the issue?

Also, if the guilty person was unemployed, he;s unlikely to have the funds available to pay the fines by the required date, so his friends and family are contributing to help prevent further punishment, again  Whats the issue with that?

I note that you haven't commented on the incidents at Easter Road & the Emirates stadium which were of a similar nature & magnitude.  Nobody is condoning the actions of Mitchell, but any reaction and punishment needs to be appropriate.

The issue regarding the payment of the fine is simply it was part of his punishment. If others pay his fine then in effect they are guilty by association and effectively condoning his action. What you are implying is that if you are unemployed you can have a complete disregard for law and order because we should all feel sorry for him. At the end of the day people need to take responsibility for their actions.

We haven't commented on the other inciidents as this topic is about Blues/Villa. It's the media wafflers/pundits that are guilty of demanding all sorts of punishment for Blues but not saying the same should apply to Arsenal!
LE - aka John
9point deduction for Small Heath Alliance
I see our (Blues and Villa) great ex-manager is doing well for Scotland!!
LE - aka John
(Yesterday, 02:06 PM)narsty simon Wrote: 9point deduction for Small Heath Alliance
Realistically the 9 pts shouldn't make a lot of difference as they weren't going to make the playoffs and unless they totally capitulate now they shouldn't get relegated.