Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top odious journalists/commentators
Can I start a new thread around the top ten most unpleasant/sensationalist cricket journalists/commentators. This Ashes series seems to have brought them crawling out from under stones. My nomination is Michael Vaughan; never one to let facts get in the way of his latest story, he seems to have become the insider 'expert'. A thoroughly odious individual who has managed to overtake Derek Pringle as snake of the century. Detestable.
[-] The following 1 user Likes stingray's post:
Thefacebookbear
I second Michael Vaughan, in the past few weeks my dislike of him has grown considerably.
Proud to be a Bear
Can't beat Michael Vaughan. A few weeks ago I tried to use (on this forum) a description of him related to what captains do before the start of each match. It was bowdlerised but he seems to just keep on justifying the epithet. Never engages brain before opening mouth. Always keen to shove his face in front of a camera with an instant (mis)judgement. He remains a complete Collingwood.

You don't often find Sky doing the right thing but it seems not entirely coincidental that he's one of the few former England captains around that they haven't signed up.
[-] The following 2 users Like GrizzlyBear's post:
Leicester Exile, stingray
Gentlemen, please be very careful with your comments, some of the local media get very aggressive when people dare to make comments about them.
While Robert may be bad, Robert is not all Mugabe's.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
It is Warwickshire County Cricket Club!
[-] The following 2 users Like The Good Mugabe's post:
Paul, Warleybear
Unanimous then . . . Vaughan it is!
We met with Povey but we did not eat the biscuits.
(08-01-2014, 09:19 PM)Thefacebookbear Wrote: Unanimous then . . . Vaughan it is!

I'd be very happy to present him in person with the trophy for most odious commentator !!!! Seems to have become Piers Morgan & KP's new best mate. Speaks volumes......
[-] The following 2 users Like stingray's post:
Leicester Exile, Redditchbear
The thing that always put me off Vaughan as a pundit (as opposed to a cricketer) was his obvious animosity towards Jonathan Trott. Not just recently but ever since Trotty came into the England side.

I must admit I am a bit with Vaughan over the latest instalment of the KP Affair. After the Ashes fiasco it is the management and captain who should be falling on their swords, rather than trying to identify individual scapegoats within the team. You only have to look at the appalling mishandling of Boyd Rankin (not to mention Steven Finn) to see that the management is dysfunctional.
(09-01-2014, 12:42 PM)The Red Baron Wrote: The thing that always put me off Vaughan as a pundit (as opposed to a cricketer) was his obvious animosity towards Jonathan Trott. Not just recently but ever since Trotty came into the England side.

I must admit I am a bit with Vaughan over the latest instalment of the KP Affair. After the Ashes fiasco it is the management and captain who should be falling on their swords, rather than trying to identify individual scapegoats within the team. You only have to look at the appalling mishandling of Boyd Rankin (not to mention Steven Finn) to see that the management is dysfunctional.

I'm not aware anyone has tried to make KP a scapegoat within the England set up. As usual Vaughan - the insider 'expert' made a pronouncement which led to a straightforward dignified (something unknown to KP & Vaughan) denial by Flower. As usual KP can't keep his mouth shut & Piers Morgan has waded in, in his usual rabid manner. Straight choice between Flower & KP as to who stays - Flower any day for me. The man at least has integrity and when he says he'll do something, he'll do it. I've always been a bit of a fan of KP but not anymore - how many more careers & reputations is he going to destroy.....Unfortunately he plays very well to the ill- informed majority that seems to watch big games of cricket these days - I just hope the ECB back their management team. If changes to that team have to be made after careful review, fine, but not just because of pandering to KP & his mates.
[-] The following 1 user Likes stingray's post:
Redditchbear
(08-01-2014, 04:49 PM)The Good Mugabe Wrote: Gentlemen, please be very careful with your comments, some of the local media get very aggressive when people dare to make comments about them.

Nice one :fishing:

Ill keep out if this thread... I love them all... :thumbup:
Howmany dressimng rooms have been upset by the present of KP. Are they all out of step?
LE - aka John
[-] The following 1 user Likes Leicester Exile's post:
Paul
I have never been a big fan of KP, partly because he's not my type of batsman. I prefer the more aesthetically pleasing on the eye ones and partly because he doesn't play for he team. Yes its ok Vaughan saying that that's the way he plays but trying to clear long on for six does not seem very smart when everybody else is struggling. Tuffers is right when he says he's not a great batsman! Great batsmen play the match situation and a modern day test player not to average over 50 does not make him great.
Still on the subject of the odious Vaughan, I see that his next venture is to appear on a celebrity version of The Great British Bake Off. Is there nothing this man won't do for money? He'll be eating grubs & kangaroo testicles in the jungle next. We can only hope that he gets bitten by something nasty....
If there is one thing that would be guaranteed to bring a smile back to Trotty's face it would surely be the thought of his old "mate" Vaughan eating Wichity Grubs and Kangaroo testicles!
[-] The following 2 users Like The Red Baron's post:
GrizzlyBear, stingray
I couldn't resist resurrecting an old thread when I found this on another discussion forum:
"My mother in law lived in the same village as Geoff Boycott and knew him as a child. He was cricket obsessed, as you'd expect, but was a proper mardy little git and refused to ever be "out". When the other kids got fed up and wouldn't play with him he'd spend hours getting his mum to bowl to him (under-arm) in their back yard."
So probably just another little boy who never grew up.
Keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/