Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can’t Wait for.....
Just been for a wander around Cannon Hill Park after picking up some tickets....the view of Edgbaston from MAC has got me looking forward to next season already!! Sad but true. Marvellous!
Looking forward to the fixtures coming out, hoping we get Kent, Durham, and Glamorgan away having not been to those grounds for a long time. Anybody on here have any inside infomation on when they are released.
(13-11-2017, 04:35 PM)rednalbear Wrote: Looking forward to the fixtures coming out, hoping we get Kent, Durham, and Glamorgan away having not been to those grounds for a long time. Anybody on here have any inside infomation on when they are released.

It’s usually around the last week in November. I’d like Glos at Cheltenham, Sussex at Arundel and Leics at some posh school!
I know NS would also like Sussex at Arundel as well
... Glamorgan at Colwyn Bay. Derbyshire at Chesterfield ...
Malc, Leics anywhere except Grace Road!!
LE - aka John
(14-11-2017, 11:45 AM)Leicester Exile Wrote: Malc, Leics anywhere except Grace Road!!

Ha ha! Is it true that Grace Rd is the second biggest playing area in world cricket, after MCG?
(14-11-2017, 04:50 PM)Malc Wrote:
(14-11-2017, 11:45 AM)Leicester Exile Wrote: Malc, Leics anywhere except Grace Road!!

Ha ha! Is it true that Grace Rd is the second biggest playing area in world cricket, after MCG?

I believe it is which helps to make it one of the worst grounds in the country IMO - the wicket is too far away!
LE - aka John
Apparently they have no right to be playing 1st class cricket!!
(13-11-2017, 04:35 PM)rednalbear Wrote: Looking forward to the fixtures coming out, hoping we get Kent, Durham, and Glamorgan away having not been to those grounds for a long time. Anybody on here have any inside infomation on when they are released.

T20 Nov 28; others Nov 29
thanks malc
(14-11-2017, 09:23 PM)narsty simon Wrote: Apparently they have no right to be playing 1st class cricket!!

Now let me think.............................who said that Tongue
LE - aka John
As we only play 4 teams once it would be in our interests to play Leicestershire twice with them being very poor over recent years
(14-11-2017, 09:23 PM)narsty simon Wrote: Apparently they have no right to be playing 1st class cricket!!

I believe they had another cracking season... even though Durham had a minus 40 point start..... 82 percent of championship wooden spoons this century have now been won by Leicestershire and Derbyshire.

Kent are a team I havent seen much of over the last few years.
This is a Division where Darren Stevens is seen as a demon bowler. Can you imagine how much fun Keith Barker might have?
(19-11-2017, 12:04 AM)Warleybear Wrote:

I believe they had another cracking season... even though Durham had a minus 40 point start..... 82 percent of championship wooden spoons this century have now been won by Leicestershire and Derbyshire.

Kent are a team I havent seen much of over the last few years.
Whatever a team's failings you have no right to diss them or continually demand their expulsion from the 1st class game
Interview with Ashley Giles here in which, amongst other things, he mentions the "closed shop" accusation.
It seems like, from February, the team will be playing/practising "outdoors" in a marquee.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6lylSns...+2017%2F18
Keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
At least there's some imaginative ideas there. It could all misfire badly (good luck with cricket outside in February - how many broken fingers do you think?) but we can't complain that he's not trying something new.
(19-11-2017, 02:56 PM)narsty simon Wrote: Whatever a team's failings you have no right to diss them or continually demand their expulsion from the 1st class game

My post didnt... it stated a fact.