Barker
Patel
Wright
Sidebottom
Stone
Lamb
Hose
Brookes
(12-04-2018, 05:00 PM)Bald Reynard Wrote: The 14 man squad for the Sussex game has been announced:-

Sibley
Rhodes
Trott
Bell
Hain
Ambrose
Barker
Patel
Wright
Sidebottom
Stone
Lamb
Hose
Brookes
Wonder how much chance there is of play tomorrow? I was so looking forward to my first game of the season and it’s so wet, cold and misty out there, it’s more like November! The ground is saturated we’ve had so much water.
Good squad that IMO. I'd be tempted to put Brookes in.
Looks gloomy for tomorrow but brighter after that.
Maybe they should play in the marquee.
Keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
[-] The following 1 user Likes Terry's post:
Bloomy
I’ve been checking the weather reports all week hoping that the wet weather will clear ready for tomorrow. As soon as the fixtures were announced I booked the day as leave, be a shame if the opening day is a washout.

The squad looks decent, hope the new opening partnership works. I’m starting to feel positive about this season (cue spectacular batting collapse!)
With all the turmoil in the England team at the minute you've got to wonder whether this is one last season for Bell to try and earn a recall. There were certainly plenty of messages in support of that idea on a Facebook post by England Cricket.
Proud to be a Bear
No play before lunch, welcome to the new season everyone...

On a side note I'm after some help. I'm a member for the first time this year since being a junior bear, in that time the new pavilion has been built.
With full club membership, where can I/can I not sit, as I'm aware there are higher tiers of membership and some exclusive areas?
Also if I bring a friend, can they buy a normal ticket then pay extra to sit in the members area with me, or can they only get in there with one of the 4 guest passes?

Thanks very much in advance!
The Bowler's Holding the batsman's Willey
Happy new season too...

So no play today and as Terry and I would say... Build that roof :-)

With regards to vouchers bloomy, it was the case that they gave a guest entrance to the Pavilion. As for areas you can't go to... Well that becomes clear when the men with muscles say no. Areas like founding father's, 1882, joy Division and the mile high club are normally bared to all except those cricket supporters who give the club several hundred pound or those who are amongst the great and the good.... Generously, I believe exceptions are made for those born in 1882.
Great day for the ecb, their spies have been at grounds up and down the country and have reported back that no one goes to county cricket, cue for Graves, Harrison and Strauss to get rid of it completely
[-] The following 1 user Likes narsty simon's post:
Leicester Exile
All being going to game tomorrow Saturday My feeling is to go a little bit late as if the ground is damp it will need a bit of time to be mopped up and dried Is this about right? Or is that no play might be possible? Thanks
Bad weather at anytime of the year is a problem for cricket... but if there is no further rain, I have a gut feeling there may be some play tomorrow. The umpires didn't call today off until the 3pm inspection.
We'll get on tomorrow.
That's the way B4L .... :-)
(13-04-2018, 10:26 AM)Bloomy Wrote: No play before lunch, welcome to the new season everyone...

On a side note I'm after some help. I'm a member for the first time this year since being a junior bear, in that time the new pavilion has been built.
With full club membership, where can I/can I not sit, as I'm aware there are higher tiers of membership and some exclusive areas?
Also if I bring a friend, can they buy a normal ticket then pay extra to sit in the members area with me, or can they only get in there with one of the 4 guest passes?

Thanks very much in advance!

You're welcome to take a guest into the members areas, all you have to do is go to the ticket office with the guest when they buy their ticket and as for a member guest ticket. It costs the same price as a normal entry ticket but gets them into the members areas.

The two "normal" members areas are the Tom Dollery lounge (in the pavilion) and the David Heath suite which is behind the RES Wyatt stand.
Proud to be a Bear
[-] The following 1 user Likes Exiled Bear's post:
Bloomy
Web site states inspection at 11am. What are the chances of a start before lunch?
LE - aka John
I'm wondering the same myself, I trying to decide when to head off.
(12-04-2018, 05:00 PM)Bald Reynard Wrote: The 14 man squad for the Sussex game has been announced:-

Sibley
Rhodes
Trott
Bell
Hain
Ambrose
Barker
Patel
Wright
Sidebottom
Stone
Lamb
Hose
Brookes

It looks like Lamb, Brookes and Sidebottom miss out.
Start at 1.00 - Sussex bowling.
Keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
179-6 at the moment, Bell looked in decent nick, good to see Ambrose and Barker slowing things down a bit again.

Better/worse than you expected?
I always expect our batsmen to fail to perform, anything else is a bonus
Paul fondled my onion bags.
Patel gone for nought, the poison challis of the captaincy!