Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SET V Worcs May 1st @ New Road
This game, originally due to be played at Barnt Green, will now be played at New Road.
While Robert may be bad, Robert is not all Mugabe's.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
It is Warwickshire County Cricket Club!
Swimming competition !!!!!!!!!!??????????????
LE - aka John
Worcester will be including 5 of their championship batting line up, all except Head, in an attempt to find some form aftwer been bowled out twice in about 65 overs against Notts.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
Bet there supporters are fuming just like we were last year with our batting. We might do the same give 1 or 2 of our batsmen a run out as we missed out on this round off matches.
A disappointing start for the pears, last season they beat Notts who were running away with the mug's league @the time, won it themselves and nearly promoted one of the triumvirate in the process!
(30-04-2018, 09:28 PM)narsty simon Wrote: A disappointing start for the pears, last season they beat Notts who were running away with the mug's league @the time, won it themselves and nearly promoted one of the triumvirate in the process!

I think we've already lost this. Worcester have got a very strong side. I don't know why we've got the likes of George Garrett playing though - he's a great prospect, but very young and inexperienced.

It's a shame the game was moved from Barnt Green - it's only down the road and I was hoping to walk there!
"The only Good Banker .......... is a Lickey Banker"
(01-05-2018, 01:40 PM)The Lickey Banker Wrote:
(30-04-2018, 09:28 PM)narsty simon Wrote: A disappointing start for the pears, last season they beat Notts who were running away with the mug's league @the time, won it themselves and nearly promoted one of the triumvirate in the process!

I think we've already lost this. Worcester have got a very strong side. I don't know why we've got the likes of George Garrett playing though - he's a great prospect, but very young and inexperienced.

It's a shame the game was moved from Barnt Green - it's only down the road and I was hoping to walk there!

Possibly had to play a young bowler such as George Garrett. With Keith Barker and Olly Stone both injured, Henry Brookes and probably Boyd Rankin (who played in 2ndXI Championship game last week and will soon be off to play for Ireland in their first ever Test Match against Pakistan) would be at Edgbaston with the first team squad preparing for the Championship match against Derbyshire on Thursday, along with Ryan Sidebottom and Chris Wright. George Panayi may currently be unfit to bowl as he batted at number six but did not bowl in Shrewsbury's Birmingham League win on Saturday. From last season's 2ndXI playing staff there is now no Mark Adair or Grant Thornton so they will look to give opportunities to a young bowler.
(01-05-2018, 01:40 PM)The Lickey Banker Wrote:

SO near - but so far! Just 3 runs short - Mellor getting 70 NO and hitting a 6 off the last ball. Well done to the batters for getting near though.
"The only Good Banker .......... is a Lickey Banker"
Barnt Green had a change of groundsman over the winter, losing, probably, the best groundsman in the area, who regularly produce good, hard and fast wickets, as well as a brilliant outfield. Perhaps their new groundsman, especially with the bad weather, was unable to prepare the ground to an acceptable level?

George Garrett seemed to do an acceptable job and will probably get further chances during the season.

To get so close to winning, against Worcestershire's first team batsmen should give our players confidence for the rest of the season.
There are GOOD Mugabe's