Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bears v Pears
I guess that Aaron Thmoason may be doubtful for this game,having gone off injured v Leicestershire.
Will Josh Poysden (5-38 in the win over Surrey seconds) get a game at last?
Keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
(06-06-2018, 02:59 PM)Terry Wrote: I guess that Aaron Thomason may be doubtful for this game,having gone off injured v Leicestershire.

You're right Terry, Aaron is injured and not in the squad (it's the 14 that have been present for most of the One Day Cup).  I guess the choice as his replacement, will be between Rhodes and Poysden.  Both bowled well for the Seconds in the Surrey Friendly, but I have a sneaking feeling they'll go for Rhodes seam bowling and his batting (the management just don't like a second spinner do they ?!).   Of course, they might decide to bring OHD 'out of the cupboard' !
"The only Good Banker .......... is a Lickey Banker"
(06-06-2018, 04:47 PM)The Lickey Banker Wrote:
(06-06-2018, 02:59 PM)Terry Wrote: I guess that Aaron Thomason may be doubtful for this game,having gone off injured v Leicestershire.

You're right Terry, Aaron is injured and not in the squad (it's the 14 that have been present for most of the One Day Cup).  I guess the choice as his replacement, will be between Rhodes and Poysden.  Both bowled well for the Seconds in the Surrey Friendly, but I have a sneaking feeling they'll go for Rhodes seam bowling and his batting (the management just don't like a second spinner do they ?!).   Of course, they might decide to bring OHD 'out of the cupboard' !

I agree that Will Rhodes is the safe choice and a like-for-like replacement but safe choices don't always win.
Here is my colleague Sean Brown's preview:
https://deepextracover.com/2018/06/rlodc...stershire/
And my other colleague Oli has attempted to set out the permutations:
https://deepextracover.com/2018/06/rlodc...mutations/
Keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
Pollock out already. I like the idea behind him opening, but he needs to come off more than he is currently.
Paul fondled my onion bags.
Not a good start with Trott out for 8 as well. As Worcs won the toss there must be something in the wicket this afternoon.
LE - aka John
77/3.

Bell falls
Looking at the Northants score it looks like the loser of our game will be dropping out - need someone to stay with Hain
LE - aka John
Yep, didn't see Northants doing us any favours.
What a shocker of a shot from hain absolutely needless!!
Not looking good and only just over half way through our overs.
LE - aka John
126/5

Struggle to make 200 here. The form they are in, this could be very humbling.
This is dire
Anyone actually watching this? How’s the pitch playing? How are Wooster bowling?
100 partnership for Tim and Will Rhodes.

Gives us something to defend at least. Well done chaps
Great knock by Rhodes just a pity he could not stay to the end but he has certainly helped to give us a score to bowl against.
LE - aka John
Certainly take 292/7 considering where we were
The wicket of Moeen will be key here
(07-06-2018, 06:27 PM)Lilly Wrote: The wicket of Moeen will be key here

And need it very soon
LE - aka John
He's absolutely destroying Stone
Moeen scoring at 12 an over - game lost if we don't get him out quickly. Time for Jeets to weave some magic?
LE - aka John