Hose
De Grandhomme
Elliott
Thomason
Ambrose
Woakes
Patel
Stone

Leicester won the toss and decided to bat.  They're 3 for 1 after 2 overs - wicket for Woakesy !
"The only Good Banker .......... is a Lickey Banker"
Looks like Elliott has turned up at last!! At least we have kept the score below 200 - need to go on to win with overs to spare
LE - aka John
A comfortable and important win. If we win our game in hand we'll only be one point behind fourth. Win the next two over the next three days and we'll start to get a bit of momentum.
Proud to be a Bear
Report here:
http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/8053/...lity-blast
Keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
[-] The following 1 user Likes Terry's post:
Warleybear
Once again.... Thanks Terry :-)
What a shambles of a batting performance this evening (Bell aside). How have we failed chasing 140??
Proud to be a Bear
Sort of the same problem we have with regards to team selection as the 4 day side - some players are just untouchable no matter how bad they perform. Rhodes needs to come in for CdG and we could do a lot worse than replacing Pollock with Sibley or Lamb right now.
(03-08-2018, 10:04 PM)Exiled Bear Wrote: What a shambles of a batting performance this evening (Bell aside). How have we failed chasing 140??

We failed because as good as I thought our bowling was they basically bowled better, we couldn't handle the better bowling. Yet another very poor performance and result.
Em tells the sorry story of events at Derby:
https://deepextracover.com/2018/08/bears...n-bowling/
Here's hoping when the toss is made v Northants, it sees us having a bat. The opposition just know they can cart us about so making a big score first is the only way we might win (though we reversed that trend at Grace Road). It might not see us win but the change might see a start of a winning streak. We must still believe we can qualify as it is tight still and we have done it before.
Well we did bat first! Good recovery after a slow start. Excellent innings from Woakes
Proud to be a Bear
I guess a win is a win is a win.
Seventh in the table with four games to go and with a negative net run rate isn't a great place to be.
The bowling is still a big worry for me and we are now without Woakes. OHD or Barker or even give Sidebottom a go?
Great to win yesterday and a brilliant innings from Woakes, but there is so much wrong with our T20 side this season.

I understand the thinking behind Pollock opening to give us a quick start, but he is a walking early wicket and his place in the side can no longer be justified as he has underperformed. The bowling is still a major concern for me also.
Paul fondled my onion bags.
I understand your sentiment but question the blame being purely on Pollocks shoulders. Surely someone in the coaching team should be tempering his approach, which is simply to hit every single ball from first to last for six. We know that if he comes off its game over, or very close to it, he is also fantastic to watch. He's an amazing asset, but like any team playing sportsman he has to be managed, I see no sign of that happening. Given a few overs at the wicket I would pay the entrance fee to watch him every day of the week. I was gutted when he was out yesterday, on what I must say was the greenest top I can ever remember seeing, although I will concede that it didn't misbehave as badley as I feared.
After the results in the group tonight, we are not in too bad a position. It is all in our hands now, we must beat Notts tomorrow and the 2 back to back Lancs games are also games where we can decide our destiny whist also keeping Lancs at bay. In it's our hands which is where I would prefer it.
(06-08-2018, 05:12 PM)Rayb Wrote: I understand your sentiment but question the blame being purely on Pollocks shoulders. Surely someone in the coaching team should be tempering his approach, which is simply to hit every single ball from first to last for six. We know that if he comes off its game over, or very close to it, he is also fantastic to watch. He's an amazing asset, but like any team playing sportsman he has to be managed, I see no sign of that happening. Given a few overs at the wicket I would pay the entrance fee to watch him every day of the week. I was gutted when he was out yesterday, on what I must say was the greenest top I can ever remember seeing, although I will concede that it didn't misbehave as badley as I feared.

Never said it was purely on his shoulders  Confused
Paul fondled my onion bags.