Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lancs at Edgbaston
Not that it is likely to make much difference - we really have to win two and even then have to rely on other clubs losing (Yorkshire at Northants and then beating Notts in their last game) - but I think we can guess the likely make up of the team tomorrow (see my post about the make up of the current Seconds in the Friendly against Worcester):-

It will probably be mainly the same XI as lost at OT, but with two seamers in for Poysden and Thomson (shame, given his performance).  IF Stone is fit (?!), he'll be one and OHD will be the other.  IF no Stone, then one of the Seconds will probably be withdrawn - Barker or Wright I guess.
"The only Good Banker .......... is a Lickey Banker"
Thomson is not playing today in the Seconds Friendly with Worcester at Barnt Green (he was yesterday).  He must be on his way 'up the road' for the T20.  Barker and Wright have been bowling today, so I guess either Stone must be fit, or they have decided to stick with Thomson after his Old Trafford performance - I hope so.
A very good bowling performance from Birmingham so far...
Nicely wrapped up with six overs left..... Couldn't ask for anything more this evening. A real spanking of Lancs.
A great win !  Now we just need Northants to beat Yorks, Yorks to beat Notts - and us to beat Worcester !
(15-08-2018, 09:26 PM)Bald Reynard Wrote: A great win !  Now we just need Northants to beat Yorks, Yorks to beat Notts - and us to beat Worcester !

A BIG ask of the gods - but who knows
LE - aka John
(15-08-2018, 09:25 PM)Warleybear Wrote: Nicely wrapped up with six overs left..... Couldn't ask for anything more this evening. A real spanking of Lancs.

And the much maligned OHD man of the match. Good for him. Good bowling all round. Nice to see Josh Poysden on the field.
Where there's life there's hope. I'd love to know who decided to play on that pitch. If they'd have got to 140+ we would have to be saying "Oh well never mind there is always next year...". Whenever Lancs beat us it is always spin that does for us so why play on a pitch like that. We did brilliantly but it could have gone wrong. C'mon you Cobblers, do us a favour. Still miffed that Yorks and Notts got through in the 50 overs RL cup after we beat them bothd here again we've had 3 out of 4 wins v them and our poor games against the crummy sides might put us out. Much improved tonight and the bowling was spot on.
It's not the most obvious outlandish scenario for us to go through now, but it's still unlikely. We can still go through if Yorkshire win tomorrow evening but we'd then be relying on Yorks v Notts being a tie or a no result. Let's hope Northants can do us a favour tomorrow evening, surely they've got to win another one at some point?!
Proud to be a Bear
Poysden to Yorkshire, couldn't make it up. And they want me to renew my membership now for next year to grant me the privalige of spending £200 per day for Ashes tickets for me and my wife.
And if the ECB had applied some wisdom and gave all the teams 2 more games ( to play each other home and away) who knows what would have happened.
LE - aka John
(16-08-2018, 07:35 AM)Rayb Wrote: Poysden to Yorkshire, couldn't make it up. And they want me to renew my membership now for next year to grant me the privalige of spending £200 per day for Ashes tickets for me and my wife.

You have to be pleased for Josh but it doesn't look great as a piece of man-management by Warwickshire. Terry will probably need a long lie down in a darkened room.
Adil Rashid in return on a white ball contract?
Proud to be a Bear
(16-08-2018, 09:17 AM)GrizzlyBear Wrote:
(16-08-2018, 07:35 AM)Rayb Wrote: Poysden to Yorkshire, couldn't make it up. And they want me to renew my membership now for next year to grant me the privalige of spending £200 per day for Ashes tickets for me and my wife.

You have to be pleased for Josh but it doesn't look great as a piece of man-management by Warwickshire. Terry will probably need a long lie down in a darkened room.

Just be gentle with me for a day or so and I'll be fine!
Keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
(16-08-2018, 07:36 AM)Leicester Exile Wrote: And if the ECB had applied some wisdom and gave all the teams 2 more games ( to play each other home and away) who knows what would have happened.

It makes a mockery of the competition. If you accept that Northants are easily the weakest team, then the Counties that only get to play them once are at a huge disadvantage.
(16-08-2018, 03:29 PM)narsty simon Wrote:
(16-08-2018, 12:25 PM)exiledinkent Wrote:
(16-08-2018, 07:36 AM)Leicester Exile Wrote: And if the ECB had applied some wisdom and gave all the teams 2 more games ( to play each other home and away) who knows what would have happened.

It makes a mockery of the competition.  If you accept that Northants are easily the weakest team, then the Counties that only get to play them once are at a huge disadvantage.

Same applies in division 2 of the championship

Guys - we all know the ECB and common sense parted company a long time ago! angel 

BTW this is another interesting analysis of this year's scheduling:

County Cricket Scheduling 2018
Northants 108 for 5 after 15 overs.  It'll be an easy chase.  Looks like it's Yorks or Notts for the fourth T20 spot then ?!
(16-08-2018, 07:31 PM)Bald Reynard Wrote: Northants 108 for 5 after 15 overs.  It'll be an easy chase.  Looks like it's Yorks or Notts for the fourth T20 spot then ?!

Perhaps not, Cobb is still in, on 40NO. He might do to Yorkshire, what he did to us!
(16-08-2018, 07:34 PM)The Lickey Banker Wrote:
(16-08-2018, 07:31 PM)Bald Reynard Wrote: Northants 108 for 5 after 15 overs.  It'll be an easy chase.  Looks like it's Yorks or Notts for the fourth T20 spot then ?!

Perhaps not, Cobb is still in, on 40NO. He might do to Yorkshire, what he did to us!

A shame nobody could stay with Cobb.  Still, at least Northants have a reasonable score to work with (ever hopeful !).
Well, all we need now is Yorkshire v Notts to be a tie!
Proud to be a Bear