Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
V Gloucestershire Aug 19-22
Live event 9 on tune in radio for this game

Live score link
http://live.nvplay.com/ecb/#sbcdff467-88...e351657090
While Robert may be bad, Robert is not all Mugabe's.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
It is Warwickshire County Cricket Club!
Should be an interesting game.... to be honest, this is a bears side that 15 months ago was a shambles. If we were currently in Division one, we would possibly soon be found out. Improvement takes time... whatever the format. If we do get out of division 2, and I hope we do as division 2 is no place for us to be, we will have a few challenges to prepare for next season.... But from where we were last year, even allowing for the poor standard of some teams in the division, at least improvement has been made.

As I say, this will be an interesting insight into our progress and the standard of division 2 at the business end of the season.

Come on you Bears.... Let's get back to the championship top flight.
Well, this seems to be going pretty well.
Keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
8 wickets for 26 - followed by an opening partnership - it doesn't get much better COYB
LE - aka John
Really good opening partnership and a ton for Rhodes. We have had worse days.
LE - aka John
Yes... Excellent day... Couldn't have gone any better.
Excellent day and didn't see the 127 all out coming after the openers had 50 on the board. As has been the case so often, it was Jeetan again who created pressure and most of their middle order looked like T20 dashers who weren't told that we have put the pyjamas away for today. Sibley looked proper moody when he got out as he knew he has missed out but should have the manners to acknowledge what was good applause. Wasim Kahn once failed to do that after being out for 195 v Hampshire in 1995 and instead of giving him a 'Well done', Dermot Reeve chastised him for not "Appreciating the applause of paying spectators". Minor Quibble. Pity Wright is going. Does anyone know if he asked to go or was told.
(19-08-2018, 10:44 PM)paulbear Wrote: Excellent day and didn't see the 127 all out coming after the openers had 50 on the board. As has been the case so often, it was Jeetan again who created pressure and most of their middle order looked like T20 dashers who weren't told that we have put the pyjamas away for today. Sibley looked proper moody when he got out as he knew he has missed out but should have the manners to acknowledge what was good applause. Wasim Kahn once failed to do that after being out for 195 v Hampshire in 1995 and instead of giving him a 'Well done', Dermot Reeve chastised him for not "Appreciating the applause of paying spectators". Minor Quibble. Pity Wright is going. Does anyone know if he asked to go or was told.
The club offered Wright a 1 year contract, Leicestershire offered 2
I can fully understand the move and the fact that other players seem to have jumped ahead of him in the one-day sides. In T20 cricket we could have done with a bowler who has the ability to take early wickets and that lack of penetration in the Powerplay cost us in virtually every game we lost.
[-] The following 1 user Likes paulbear's post:
Warleybear
Doing our best to completely cock this up.

Six down now with a lead of only 108 which, considering the position we were in, is not great.
Paul fondled my onion bags.
Just a good job Rhodes has got a score
LE - aka John
Hain fails yet again,surely Lamb should play in the next match.
Swarming all over them with the ball. 27/4
Paul fondled my onion bags.
I was planning to be there for days three and four. 
I might be on my own!
Keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
[-] The following 1 user Likes Terry's post:
Warleybear
.... There may be a pigeon or two eating a few chips :-)

Excellent win for the Bears.... You can only win what is put Infront of you... and the guys did that in two days.

Good to see one of the triumverate putting up a fight against Sussex too. Very useful for us.
Deck Chair in the back garden tomorrow,Terry!

Convincing win keeps us at the top
LE - aka John
Had booked off the Mon-Weds for what I thought would be an easy win. Yes it was but **** were Glouc bad. I get the feeling they are all about one-day cricket and have no ambition to get out of Div 2 where they were even when they were winning Lords finals. My comments about middle order T 20 dashers were only emphasised today and they might be the worst side I have seen in a while. Having said that, the bowling was right on the spot, no one took too much out of themselves and tomorrow I can carry on chopping up that conifer that I sawed down on Saturday.
Was dissapionted how quickly we were bowled out today but nobody looked comfortable. Seemed Gloucester didn't seem up for the fight when 4 down. Assume it must off swung. and seemed quite a bit today all day. Well done to Rhodes, and Sibley a match defining opening partnaship. Rhodes really does look a good sighning.
There were some real positives from this win...

But no one will convince me otherwise that the standard of division two is generally poor and that some counties should just focus on white ball cricket.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Warleybear's post:
parkfield bear
I have to agree, there are sides in this division who never look as though they will get out of it. I watched both days of this game and thought Glouc were terrible. I thought Derbyshire competed for 60% of the time and just ran out of steam. Northants looked like a team of sloggers who couldn't wait for T20 to start and I saw all 4 days of the Glamorgan game and despite the fact that we needed close to 300 to win, I never got the feeling we would ever lose. All this despite the fact that our batting still looks shakey and vulnerable. Kent and Sussex are the only other sides who look good and I am baffled that Leicestershire are so high up the table. Perhaps some sides do just look to T20 as a means to success as they know the CC is not going to bring people through the gates so a T20 campaign can get people watching and bring in revenue. Some of the recruitments by certain counties look as though they are made for the shorter game.
[-] The following 2 users Like paulbear's post:
Tayls79, Warleybear