Barker
Patel
Wright
Stone
Sidebottom
Hose
Thomson
OHD

I would guess we'll be unchanged, but possibly OHD might get in for (the departing) Wright?
"The only Good Banker .......... is a Lickey Banker"
I'd expect the last 3 on the list to miss out. Hope it goes into days 3 and 4 as that is when I arrive.
How come there's play at Worcester and Derby but start delayed at Birmingham? Can't afford to have this game affected too much by the weather!
LE - aka John
12.40start and as I predicted Durham didn't want to toss
Another failure for Sibley, I really wanted him to do well but I’ve been so disappointed with his form this year.
(04-09-2018, 02:02 PM)adickinson Wrote: Another failure for Sibley, I really wanted him to do well but I’ve been so disappointed with his form this year.

Should have given Banks a go
(04-09-2018, 03:17 PM)narsty simon Wrote:
(04-09-2018, 02:02 PM)adickinson Wrote: Another failure for Sibley, I really wanted him to do well but I’ve been so disappointed with his form this year.

Should have given Banks a go

And Lamb for Hain.Or Pollock-at least it would have been fun while it lasted.
Looked like Sibley, Bell, Hain, Barker got good balls today. Batting never looked easy, apart from Rhodes who never looked in any trouble at all. A bit unlucky a thought how he got out. Likewise Trott today when he got past about 25 looked very comfatable. Would really like to see him get one more hundred at home this season before retirment, hopefully it will tomorrow.
[-] The following 1 user Likes rednalbear's post:
Warleybear
Difficult to comment without having seen anything but contextualised against the other scores today I don’t think this was too bad. Only blight was Sussex had a good knock in their game so might be a narrowing gap between us and them. From the Middlesex game at Lords it seemed that Rhodes playing back was a lot of help on a seaming pitch. All our front foot players looked really vulnerable to movement then, I wonder if today was the same.
Durham benefited from some excellent bowling conditions, as we did at Colwyn Bay, today may present a different scenario from a batting perspective. 250 (or dare I suggest 300) might still be a decent challenge if we bowl well, Jeeten could be pivotal, again.
Pretty handy partnership, this.
Proud to be a Bear
This has been an enjoyable first session to watch. It’s a Shame I’ve got to go to work now. We are going to miss Wright’s lower order runs next year!
(05-09-2018, 12:53 PM)adickinson Wrote: This has been an enjoyable first session to watch. It’s a Shame I’ve got to go to work now. We are going to miss Wright’s lower order runs next year!

I left and straight after Stone got 4 wickets!
Unfortunate to have that 8th wicket partnership as the weather looks a bit dodgy tomorrow and going into day 3 with a lead of 100 would have meant less to do tomorrow to set a target in the 4th innings.
Need to finish this innings off pronto.
Proud to be a Bear
(05-09-2018, 07:40 PM)paulbear Wrote: Unfortunate to have that 8th wicket partnership as the weather looks a bit dodgy tomorrow and going into day 3 with a lead of 100 would have meant less to do tomorrow to set a target in the 4th innings.

Looking at the forecast for the rest of the day, we won't get much more play.  With Durham batting long yesterday, it does look like we'll end up with a draw.  Not good - just when Kent and Sussex are both likely to win.
"The only Good Banker .......... is a Lickey Banker"
Even with a good forecast tomorrow there is little time left to force a win. If we threw the bat and got 220 more in 40 overs that would still give us only 60 overs at the most to bowl them out. Not clearing up the tail has probably cost us the chance to push things tomorrow. At least if Durham had been out for 240, we could have gone into tomorrow with a 120+ lead but alas...
What's the maximum number of overs that can be bowled in a day if previous days have been lost to the weather?
Proud to be a Bear
(06-09-2018, 03:29 PM)Exiled Bear Wrote: What's the maximum number of overs that can be bowled in a day if previous days have been lost to the weather?

They tried to make up time today by adding an extra 8 overs to the days play. It could still be hard work unless Durham fancy a game if we can entice them with a target.