Sibley (again !)
Bell
Trott
Hain (again !)
Ambrose
Woakes (hooray !)
Barker
Patel
Wright (kept over Sidebottom - probably for his batting as much as anything else)
Stone
Looks like Leicestershire are struggling to put a team together:
http://www.leicestershireccc.co.uk/news/...rshad.html
I'm glad that Ateeq Javid is getting a game.
Keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
Could be another short match.
I go on about the triumpherate of failure and its friends (Derbys, Northants, Leics, Glamorgan etc) and the fact that Derbys and Leics have shared the wooden spoon nearly 80 percent of the time this century. .... But as I have said before, the standard of division two is poor..... it is a three horse race with some obsticals in the way. My view is that certain counties should focus only on white ball cricket. Red ball crickets structure needs a major overhall. I suspect that nothing from today will change my view..... and for the sake of the championship and the future of England it needs to happen..... Meaningul games played across a whole season.

Saying all that ...Warwickshire can only beat what is front of them... and sometimes minor hurdles can unseat you. I suspect a one sided game as we are now at the business end of the season though...
First time you have added Glamorgan to the White-Ball brigade - nothing to do with being down at the bottom this season??

Leics have, until recently, had a much better red ball season as have Derbys. These thing evolve.
LE - aka John
We none of us had any doubts that Sibley would come good, did we????
An opening partnership worthy of praise ( who said Sibley Again!!) and Kent struggling too. Not a bad day so far
LE - aka John
3 down for a 84 lead but to be honest, we are doing here, what needed to be done. Massive shock to see our mate Cosgrove get run out. Is he fielding or has he got one of his mystery injuries?
(10-09-2018, 03:29 PM)Leicester Exile Wrote: First time you have added Glamorgan to the White-Ball brigade - nothing to do with being down at the bottom this season??

Leics have, until recently, had a much better red ball season as have Derbys. These thing evolve.

If you go through my losts over the years, you will see reference to a number of counties that I believe are of a major concern to red ball cricket..... and it has never just been restricted to the three east midlands clubs. Glamorgans red ball record is poor too.

A good day for Warwickshire.... but hardly a test of where we stand in preperation for hopefully next year in division one. Division two has generally been poor.... virtually a three team league with some fairly average 'tests' along the way..... but you can only beat what is put infront of you.
(10-09-2018, 06:39 PM)Warleybear Wrote:
(10-09-2018, 03:29 PM)Leicester Exile Wrote: First time you have added Glamorgan to the White-Ball brigade - nothing to do with being down at the bottom this season??

If you go through my losts over the years, you will see reference to a number of counties that I believe are of a major concern to red ball cricket..... and it has never just been restricted to the three east midlands clubs. Glamorgans red ball record is poor too.

A good day for Warwickshire.... but hardly a test of where we stand in preperation for hopefully next year in division one. Division two has generally been poor.... virtually a three team league with some fairly average 'tests' along the way..... but you can only beat what is put infront of you.

What worries me is the forecast. Is the weather going to stop us winning - again.
[-] The following 1 user Likes stingray's post:
Warleybear
The only day that looks really under threat is tomorrow, and I think that even if we lose the whole day tomorrow we should be able to get the win.
Proud to be a Bear
We've been on fire over recent weeks but it has to be said some of our opponents have been pisspoor.
Lara, Tendulkar ... Pilling.
Indeed Coolerking.... but you can only beat whats infront of you. The trick is not to slip up....

Anyway... partly cloudy with a little rain tomorrow.... should hopefully be okay... we have plenty of tiime.
Well done Bears, a good day against a team that is suffering greatly from injuries. Not our fault, nor theirs, but non the less a fact. Great to see Woakes, Stone, Barker and Chris Wright all playing their part in systematically dismantling the Foxes. Not often you will see a team achieve first innings lead before tea, on day one, and with all ten wickets in hand.
Not for us from, the palace of Edgbaston, to tell other counties what cricketing formats they should concentrate on.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rayb's post:
narsty simon
If people dont stick their hand up and say something (and I say that from watching championship cricket since 1977), then we will end up with a championship of a very poor standard. Some counties have ipso facto stoped focusing on red ball cricket and diverted their resources into areas they can succeed.... which is fair enough.... but we have to admit it is happening / happened. What does the game do.... keep division 2 going in its current format as a fig leaf? I ask the question as it is rellevant and important. If the answer is yes.... fine..... but there may be consequences.
(10-09-2018, 08:27 PM)Warleybear Wrote: Indeed Coolerking.... but you can only beat whats infront of you. The trick is not to slip up....

Anyway... partly cloudy with a little rain tomorrow....  should hopefully be okay... we have plenty of tiime.

Oh I quite agree.  We've been as ruthless as they have been poor.  I was more making a comment about the worryingly low standard of some Div 2 counties.
Lara, Tendulkar ... Pilling.
[-] The following 1 user Likes coolerking's post:
Warleybear
Understand and agree with your point :-)
Totally agree with pointing out the 'Red ball focus' of some counties. That would explain that since the T20 came about in 2003, poor sides like Hampshire, Northants and Leicester have won it almost half the time. They can be ultra competitive in that format and yet can generally be total **** in the CC. And yes I do include Hampshire despite them being in Div 1 as all they have done there is survive by the skin of their teeth(last season) or get replaced in the relegation zone by Durham's sloppy financial management(2016).
Great to see Sibley get a century, I’ve been a critic but I genuinely hope he can now kick on and find some consistency scoring a larger amount of runs.
[-] The following 1 user Likes adickinson's post:
Leicester Exile
Play starting at 14:00. Meanwhile, Sussex have been bowled out for 122 in reply to Durham's 103!
Proud to be a Bear