Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Cricketer's Guide to Edgbaston
Hi chaps,

I'm a journalist from The Cricketer and I'm writing a ground guide for each stadium hosting matches during the upcoming World Cup.

I was hoping if the fine individuals who regularly frequent Edgbaston might be able to provide some info on where to eat and drink around the ground.

Cheers,
I guess the problem here is that what will be available during World Cup matches may be quite different from what is on offer for county games.

Cue Warleybear giving directions to the local chip shop.
Keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
I wonder if somebody's not been doing this for very long. Asking a supporters' forum for suggestions and expecting a sensible answer? Good luck!
I would imagine that Tom Rawlings at the Club could help.
Keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
Hi Tom. Do you mean in the ground or the general locale?
(09-01-2019, 05:07 PM)Terry Wrote: I guess the problem here is that what will be available during World Cup matches may be quite different from what is on offer for county games.

Cue Warleybear giving directions to the local chip shop.

Terry.... the chips are very nice.... but only had them once last year ;-)
Birmingham Mail Lead Story - "Search on for Missing Person. Edgbaston Chip Shop helping Police saying he as only been seen once and their takings have been severely dented"
LE - aka John
[-] The following 1 user Likes Leicester Exile's post:
The Good Mugabe
(09-01-2019, 11:26 PM)DaveC Wrote: Hi Tom. Do you mean in the ground or the general locale?

It was more about the surrounding area than the actual ground.
(09-01-2019, 05:28 PM)GrizzlyBear Wrote: I wonder if somebody's not been doing this for very long. Asking a supporters' forum for suggestions and expecting a sensible answer? Good luck!

Nothing to lose really haha
Well in the immediate vicinty there is a row of shops opposite the Pershore Rd entrance which offer a chain pub (Edgbaston Tap), the aforementioned chippy (Sir Harrys) and a chinese takeaway. There's a big Aldi across the road from the Edgbaston Rd entrance. And the MAC in Cannon Hill Park over the road does good food. Further afield a long walk or a short bus ride plenty of cafes, restaurants in Selly Oak, Harborne or Moseley. Personal favourites Fibule (Moroccan), Sabai Sabai (Thai) in Moseley. Fighting Cocks and Prince of Wales in Moseley good for ale and pub food. Balti Triangle is still going strong although fewer places now. And in central Birmingham it's foodie heaven. Current favourite is Indian Brewery by Snowhill station. Desi pub doing Indian food. Loads of new places opening up in hipster Digbeth and Hockley all the time. Lord Clifden and Red Lion in Hockley great for ale and pub grub. Difficult to know where to start really but that's a taster.