Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Championship v Leics at Portland Rd.
I enjoyed the Seconds T20 games at BG so much yesterday, that I'm now at Portland Road for the 3 day match. 12 man team:-

Banks
Mousley
Thomson
Pollock (Captain)
Burgess (Keeper)
Mellor
Ollie Stone
Panayi
Ethan Brookes
Bailey Wightman
Garrett
Griffin

Leicester won the toss and put us in.

Shame Lintott isn't playing, but I'm pleased they're giving Wightman another go, he looked a real prospect yesterday (see my 'report').  Ollie Stone back for a 3 day game and he will be opening the bowling.
"The only Good Banker .......... is a Lickey Banker"
Hope the weather is OK for you - pouring with rain in Bristol!
Views on here are my own; but you can keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
(18-06-2019, 11:21 AM)The Lickey Banker Wrote: I enjoyed the Seconds T20 games at BG so much yesterday, that I'm now at Portland Road for the 3 day match. 12 man team:-

Banks
Mousley
Thomson
Pollock (Captain)
Burgess (Keeper)
Mellor
Ollie Stone
Panayi
Ethan Brookes
Bailey Wightman
Garrett
Griffin

Shame Lintott isn't playing, but I'm pleased they're giving Wightman another go, he looked a real prospect yesterday (see my 'report').  Ollie Stone back for a 3 day game and he will be opening the bowling.

I heard he's not available for any 3 day matches.  He coaches / teaches at Queens College, Taunton and can play for us in some 1 day games, but not for anything longer.  To earn a contract, he'll just have to impress in T20's.
You can take the boy out of Atherstone, but you can never take Atherstone ........... !
(18-06-2019, 11:22 AM)Terry Wrote: Hope the weather is OK for you - pouring with rain in Bristol!

Yeah, it's cloudy, but fairly bright and warm here.  The forecast is for a cloudy day, but only a 10% chance of rain, so we should get a full days play in.

We're 30 for 1 off 7 overs.  Banks opened and has missed out again, getting caught on 8.  Mousley and Thomson pushing it along at the moment.
We're on 126 for 3 (in 33 overs) at Lunch.  Mousley (51) & Mellor (34) have put on 58 so far.  Thomson &  Burgess both made 14.  Pollock next man in, he's dropped himself down the order again - perhaps been advised that it might help develop his 'perseverance at the crease' !
(18-06-2019, 01:26 PM)The Lickey Banker Wrote: We're on 126 for 3 (in 33 overs) at Lunch.  Mousley (51) & Mellor (34) have put on 58 so far.  Thomson &  Burgess both made 14.  Pollock next man in, he's dropped himself down the order again - perhaps been advised that it might help develop his 'perseverance at the crease' !

We finished on 290 all out.  Mousley got 122, Mellor got 50.  The only other batsmen to get into double figures were Griffin with 35 and Brookes, 13.  Wightman was the player who didn't bat.
(18-06-2019, 11:26 AM)Bald Reynard Wrote:
(18-06-2019, 11:21 AM)The Lickey Banker Wrote: I enjoyed the Seconds T20 games at BG so much yesterday, that I'm now at Portland Road for the 3 day match. 12 man team:-

Banks
Mousley
Thomson
Pollock (Captain)
Burgess (Keeper)
Mellor
Ollie Stone
Panayi
Ethan Brookes
Bailey Wightman
Garrett
Griffin

I heard he's not available for any 3 day matches.  He coaches / teaches at Queens College, Taunton and can play for us in some 1 day games, but not for anything longer.  To earn a contract, he'll just have to impress in T20's.

Presumably term time is nearly finished, so availability might change next week. He has some experience of blast cricket, having played for Hampshire in 2017 and several times for Gloucs last season including the quarter final against Worcs. So he's not completely bereft of experience. I see he also played 2nd XI with the Bears in 2013. I see also he plays his club cricket for Clevedon in the WEPL and last season led them to be champions. Good experienced semi pro who could be useful to have on board.
Because of the forecast, I didn't go down today, but I see play has just started.  Leicester are on 54 for 0 after 20 overs.  Ollie S did open the bowling - and had figures of 5 - 2 - 10 - 0 for his opening spell.  He's getting there!
(19-06-2019, 09:15 AM)muppetdodger Wrote:
(18-06-2019, 11:26 AM)Bald Reynard Wrote:

Banks
Mousley
Thomson
Pollock (Captain)
Burgess (Keeper)
Mellor
Ollie Stone
Panayi
Ethan Brookes
Bailey Wightman
Garrett
Griffin

Presumably term time is nearly finished, so availability might change next week. He has some experience of blast cricket, having played for Hampshire in 2017 and several times for Gloucs last season including the quarter final against Worcs. So he's not completely bereft of experience. I see he also played 2nd XI with the Bears in 2013. I see also he plays his club cricket for Clevedon in the WEPL and last season led them to be champions. Good experienced semi pro who could be useful to have on board.

You could be right, he could well be available for more games from the end of term.  I hope so, he looked very promising in the T20 matches at Barnt Green.
(19-06-2019, 02:58 PM)The Lickey Banker Wrote: Because of the forecast, I didn't go down today, but I see play has just started.  Leicester are on 54 for 0 after 20 overs.  Ollie S did open the bowling - and had figures of 5 - 2 - 10 - 0 for his opening spell.  He's getting there!

Leicester now 100 for 3 - all 3 wickets for Bailey Wightman (7 overs, 3 for 16) !  He really is the 'business', he looked quick and accurate in the T20 games.