Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Championship v Lancs at Portland Road
I won't be able to get up to Portland Road until this afternoon and the Bears team hasn't been put up on the website yet, but I did notice that we won the toss and put Lancs in.  More importantly, Ollie Stone and Henry Brookes are back - opening the bowling for us !

I'll update what's happening and our team news, when I get there.
"The only Good Banker .......... is a Lickey Banker"
Just got to Portland Road as Lunch started.  Lancs are 115 for 4 - we did have them on 59 for 4 (2 wickets for Henry B, 1 for Ethan B and 1 for Wightman).  Team:-

Pollock
Burgess
Banks
Mousley
Thomson
Mellor
H. Brookes
E. Brookes
Stone
Wightman
Garrett
(02-07-2019, 01:25 PM)The Lickey Banker Wrote: Just got to Portland Road as Lunch started.  Lancs are 115 for 4 - we did have them on 59 for 4 (2 wickets for Henry B, 1 for Ethan B and 1 for Wightman).  Team:-

Pollock
Burgess
Banks
Mousley
Thomson
Mellor
H. Brookes
E. Brookes
Stone
Wightman
Garrett

Haven't had chance to update everyone before (my phone battery needed charging!), but Belly has been added to the XI the teamsheet listed.  He's batting at 3.

We bowled Lancs out for 222. Henry B took 4 for 23 off only 12.3 overs!  2 wickets for Ollie (in 14 overs, for just 34 runs), 2 for Wightman (in 15 overs, for 43 runs) and 1 apiece for Ethan B and George.
(02-07-2019, 04:53 PM)The Lickey Banker Wrote:
(02-07-2019, 01:25 PM)The Lickey Banker Wrote: Just got to Portland Road as Lunch started.  Lancs are 115 for 4 - we did have them on 59 for 4 (2 wickets for Henry B, 1 for Ethan B and 1 for Wightman).  Team:-

Pollock
Burgess
Banks
Mousley
Thomson
Mellor
H. Brookes
E. Brookes
Stone
Wightman
Garrett

Haven't had chance to update everyone before (my phone battery needed charging!), but Belly has been added to the XI the teamsheet listed.  He's batting at 3.

We bowled Lancs out for 222. Henry B took 4 for 23 off only 12.3 overs!  2 wickets for Ollie (in 14 overs, for just 34 runs), 2 for Wightman (in 15 overs, for 43 runs) and 1 apiece for Ethan B and George.

We finished on 121 for 9.  Hardly a great batting performance.  Only Liam Banks looked up to it today (opening) - with 41.  Belly still has a long way to go (11) and only 3 other batsmen got into double figures.  Something around a 100 first innings lead for Lancs won't guarantee a win, but on this wicket, it's a big step there.  Lets hope the bowlers do as good a job tomorrow - and then the  batsman show some fight!
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Lickey Banker's post:
Reabank
Seems like this was a good game:
https://cricket.lancashirecricket.co.uk/...y-victory/
A friend of mine left early thinking it would be a dull draw.
Ian Bell may be fit again but he seems to be struggling for runs.
Views on here are my own; but you can keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/