Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Contracts
Good news here for four young players of potential:
https://warwickshireccc.com/news/young-b...contracts/
Views on here are my own; but you can keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
They do look young - just like our policemen !!!
LE - aka John
Good luck to all of them - hopefully they can all make a lasting contribution to the club. I've seen Jake Lintott's name mentioned a few times and he seems to be doing a decent job in the current 2nd XI match - wonder if he might get an offer too?

Also wondering who might be on their way out - Mellor and Pollock have to be vulnerable I would have thought. Must be a tense time of the season for a lot of players around the country.
(27-08-2019, 05:57 PM)Harborne Bear Wrote: Good luck to all of them - hopefully they can all make a lasting contribution to the club. I've seen Jake Lintott's name mentioned a few times and he seems to be doing a decent job in the current 2nd XI match - wonder if he might get an offer too?

Also wondering who might be on their way out - Mellor and Pollock have to be vulnerable I would have thought. Must be a tense time of the season for a lot of players around the country.

Yes, I did think this thread might serve to give other news about contracts over the next few weeks.  I see Pollock has another chance tonight to show what he can do.
Views on here are my own; but you can keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
(27-08-2019, 06:18 PM)Terry Wrote:
(27-08-2019, 05:57 PM)Harborne Bear Wrote: Good luck to all of them - hopefully they can all make a lasting contribution to the club. I've seen Jake Lintott's name mentioned a few times and he seems to be doing a decent job in the current 2nd XI match - wonder if he might get an offer too?

Yes, I did think this thread might serve to give other news about contracts over the next few weeks.  I see Pollock has another chance tonight to show what he can do.
....and Ed Pollock says thanks for the warning!
Ed did a superb job tonight, if we let him leave some other county will be getting a player who will many white ball games for them.
While Robert may be dead, Robert was not all Mugabe's.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
It is Warwickshire County Cricket Club!
Ambrose will be released this year ?
Surely it would be Tim deciding to retire than the club releasing him.

If he plays on depends on how his body is coping and if he's prepared to put up with the physical stresses for another year.
While Robert may be dead, Robert was not all Mugabe's.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
It is Warwickshire County Cricket Club!
He's out of contract at the end of the season. His form doesn't warrant an extension.
Still the best gloveman at the club by quite a distance.
I realise that one swallow doesn't make a summer but I was delighted by Ed Pollock's performance last night - so much so that I was only too happy to eat an extra large portion of humble pie! His overall game looks to have improved markedly - let's hope this is the kick start to more consistency and perhaps even a crack at red ball cricket too.
[-] The following 2 users Like Harborne Bear's post:
Realist, The Good Mugabe
Off the top of my head I think Mellor, Ambrose and Panayi are all out of contract end of the season.
(27-08-2019, 10:13 PM)The Good Mugabe Wrote: Ed did a superb job tonight, if we let him leave some other county will be getting a player who will many white ball games for them.

Are we expected to believe? It wasn't that long ago you were bigging up Coleman, Lewis, Umeed and Webb. Maybe you can explain what happened as none of them is at a first class county
We all know Pollock is better than the above players
Contract extensions agreed:
https://warwickshireccc.com/news/bears-t...xtensions/
So Ambrose for one year and Sidebottom for two.
Unless I have missed it, I can't see the duration of Thomson's contract extension.
I think that the Ambrose extension is good news - he is still a top-class keeper.  Thomson, too, looks the part in white ball cricket and can hopefully develop his red ball skills,  I haven't seen enough of Sidebottom to comment; but he has obviously done enough to impress the coaching staff.
(29-08-2019, 12:06 PM)Terry Wrote: Contract extensions agreed:
https://warwickshireccc.com/news/bears-t...xtensions/
So Ambrose for one year and Sidebottom for two.
Unless I have missed it, I can't see the duration of Thomson's contract extension.
I think that the Ambrose extension is good news - he is still a top-class keeper.  Thomson, too, looks the part in white ball cricket and can hopefully develop his red ball skills,  I haven't seen enough of Sidebottom to comment; but he has obviously done enough to impress the coaching staff.

I see from twitter that Thomson is for two years.

I agree, I really do hope Jake gets a contract, he has been playing so well for the Seconds this summer.  He took 5 for 51 in the Notts match a couple of days ago and scored a good, quick 40.
"The only Good Banker .......... is a Lickey Banker"
(28-08-2019, 08:58 PM)Harborne Bear Wrote: I realise that one swallow doesn't make a summer but I was delighted by Ed Pollock's performance last night - so much so that I was only too happy to eat an extra large portion of humble pie! His overall game looks to have improved markedly - let's hope this is the kick start to more consistency and perhaps even a crack at red ball cricket too.

Yes, I think he's come on leaps and bounds in the last few weeks.  At a recent Seconds game at Portland Road, I did hear that he has been with Gary Palmer in Oxford to get some extra coaching.  Palmer sorted out Dom Sibley's action last season - and it would appear that it might also have worked with Ed.
"The only Good Banker .......... is a Lickey Banker"
(30-08-2019, 03:54 PM)The Lickey Banker Wrote:

I agree, I really do hope Jake gets a contract, he has been playing so well for the Seconds this summer.  He took 5 for 51 in the Notts match a couple of days ago and scored a good, quick 40.

Hear, hear !  Lintott looks like he could be a very useful addition.  A 26 year old left arm spinner, who is also a decent batsman, with a good average for both in our Seconds this Summer.  I saw him in a Seconds game recently and although a bit portly to be a good One Day boundary fielder (which could change with some more intensive training !), he does already look the part.  He has been a 'main man' (with bat and ball) for Wiltshire this season, is Captain for Clevedon (at the top of the Western League) and Director of Cricket at Queens College, Taunton, so obviously has good leadership skills.  Sign him up !
You can take the boy out of Atherstone, but you can never take Atherstone ........... !
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bald Reynard's post:
Harborne Bear
I to have seen Lintott in a couple of games this season and looked good so would be nice to see us sign him.