Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rewind
Watching this today:
https://warwickshireccc.com/news/rewind-...c-final-2/
My main observation is that Warwickshire had a pretty awful day in the field.  I'm not sure why Keith Piper didn't play - it was the day after he had scored 100 alongside Lara's 501; and Mike Burns really doesn't look the part.  Neil Smith dropped a sitter.  Even Dominic Ostler had a bad mis-field.
I remember being at a very boring meeting in London that day and managing to escape to the Oval at the end of the afternoon.  When I got there, the fourth wicket had only just fallen and I could see from the scoreboard that Lara wasn't the not out batsman, which was a big disappointment.  Of course, this was before the days when you could Google the latest score on your phone.  Then I heard the PA announcer say "....and the incoming batsman is Brian Lara."
What followed was well worth watching!
Views on here are my own; but you can keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
(17-04-2020, 03:08 PM)Terry Wrote: Watching this today:
My main observation is that Warwickshire had a pretty awful day in the field.  I'm not sure why Keith Piper didn't play - it was the day after he had scored 100 alongside Lara's 501; and Mike Burns really doesn't look the part.  Neil Smith dropped a sitter.  Even Dominic Ostler had a bad mis-field.
I remember being at a very boring meeting in London that day and managing to escape to the Oval at the end of the afternoon.  When I got there, the fourth wicket had only just fallen and I could see from the scoreboard that Lara wasn't the not out batsman, which was a big disappointment.  Of course, this was before the days when you could Google the latest score on your phone.  Then I heard the PA announcer say "....and the incoming batsman is Brain Lara."

I sat next to two Radio 5 employees in the Pavilion. They kept harassing Bob Woolmer as to why Lara wasn't batting but I guess he was exhausted.

They've just posted the minutes of the members Committee. Doesn't look like much of consequence was discussed and can't see the Club hierarchy being challenged. Hope we can keep a level of accountability.
(17-04-2020, 03:41 PM)Jon Wrote:
(17-04-2020, 03:08 PM)Terry Wrote: Watching this today:
I remember being at a very boring meeting in London that day and managing to escape to the Oval at the end of the afternoon.  When I got there, the fourth wicket had only just fallen and I could see from the scoreboard that Lara wasn't the not out batsman, which was a big disappointment.  Of course, this was before the days when you could Google the latest score on your phone.  Then I heard the PA announcer say "....and the incoming batsman is Brain Lara."

I sat next to two Radio 5 employees in the Pavilion. They kept harassing Bob Woolmer as to why Lara wasn't batting but I guess he was exhausted.

They've just posted the minutes of the members Committee. Doesn't look like much of consequence was discussed and can't see the Club hierarchy being challenged. Hope we can keep a level of accountability.

Circumstances dictated it was a video conference so shorter than normal and therefore focused on the most pressing issues, like riding out the current situation. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, if you have issues with the ‘club hierarchy’ - which you clearly do, you should seize an opportunity as I did to contribute as a committee member. I always find it’s better to work from inside than criticise from the sidelines.
[-] The following 1 user Likes stingray's post:
Warleybear